Focus: Poems for Spring – Le Printemps des poètes
As the Printemps des poètes festival in France is getting closer, La Médiathèque celebrates with a diverse selection of voices, sounds, stories, and illustrations.
- O ma mémoire : la poésie, ma nécessité, by Stéphane Hessel | Anthology
- Anthologie de la poésie de la langue française, by Alain Frémeaux | Audiobook
- La poésie algérienne : petit anthologie, by Alani Ghani | Children’s picture book
- Promenade de Quentin Blake au pays de la poésie française, by Quentin Blake | Children’s picture book
- Le Rire des poètes : anthologie de la poésie humoristique, by Henri Parisot | Poetry Book
- Poésie des usines, by Romain Dudek | CD
- Meeting Yves Bonnefoy at the Institut Français | Culturethèque Podcast
- Charlotte Delbo : entre Résistance, poésie et théâtre, by Françoise Maffre-Castellani | Culturethèque eBook
Our hearts skip a beat for this selection of documents
Our Cinema specialist’s picks
- Au fil d’Ariane, dir. by Robert Guédiguian, 2014 | DVD (French subtitles available)
Today is Ariane’s birthday and she is more alone than ever in her lovely home. The candles are lit on the cake, but the guests have apologized, for they won’t be coming. So Ariane gets in her lovely car and leaves her lovely suburb to get lost in the big city…
- Elle l’adore, dir. by Jeanne Herry, 2014 | DVD (French subtitles available)
Muriel is a beautician. She’s talkative, a bit of a liar. She likes telling fanciful tales. For twenty years, Muriel has also been the number one fan of a successful pop singer, Vincent Lacroix. His songs and concerts almost fill her entire life. When Vincent, her idol, knocks on Muriel’s door one night, her life is turned upside down. She is dragged into a tale that she never would have dared invent.
- Les Combattants, dir. by Thomas Cailley, 2014 | DVD (French subtitles available)
Between his buddies and the family firm, Arnaud’s summer is shaping up to be peaceful… Peaceful until his encounter with Madeleine, as beautiful as she is a pain, a block of tense muscles and catastrophic prophecies.
He expects nothing; she’s preparing for the worst.
He lets himself be carried along, laughs a lot. She struggles, runs, swims, hones herself.
Just how far will he follow her, when she’s asked nothing of him?
It’s a love story. Or a story of survival. Or both.
César award for best debut : Thomas Cailley | César award for most promising actor : Kévin Azaïs | Cesar Award for Best Actress : Adèle Haenel
Our Language Students expert recommends
- Better reading French : Niveau B2, by Annie Heminway | Book
- Se présenter : Bien dire essentials : Niveau A1 | Audio book
- French Verb Tenses, by Jeffrey Chamberlain | Book
- French For Primary School Teachers, by Angela McLachlan | Book & CD
Our Children’s Librarian loves
- Les cygnes sauvages, by Kochka | Picture Book
- L’Espace, by Laure Salès | Non-Fiction Book
- La rue est à tout le monde, by Alain Schneider | CD
- La véritable histoire de Marcel, soldat pendant la première guerre mondiale, by Pascale Bouchié | Young Novel
Our Music expert recommand
- Alain Souchon & Laurent Voulzy, by Alain Souchon & Laurent Voulzy | Parlophone , 2014 | Chanson Française, CD
- Slang Tang, by Magma | 2014 | Jazz, CD
- Paris New Moon Paris, by Raphaël Rinaldi | 2014 | Book
Our Comic bokk specialist says
- Little Tulip, by Bouc & Charyn | Comic Book
- Universal War One, L’Intégrale by Barjam | Comic Book
- Petites coupures à Shioguni, by Florent Chavouet | Comic Book
- Les Vieux Fourneaux by Paul Cauuet | Comic Book
News: Open Library Day
Join the fun for La Médiathèque Open Library day. Families can drop in at any time and discover in details the next two steps for the Renovation Project while your children enjoy a free improv theatre workshop. It also will be your chance to find out what some of our youngest readers had in mind for the future Children’s Library and the designs they come up with during special workshops running althrough April and May.
Suscribe to any memberships on this day and enjoy 6 extra free month!
Sat 30 May | from 12.00 | Free
Improv Workshops | 1h | Ages 6-10 : 3.30pm | Ages 10-14 : 2.00pm | Free (booking compulsory)
More info : email@example.com
FOCUS : Celebrating the “Grande Guerre” Centenary (1914-2014)
2014 marks 100 years since the start of the First World War.
This year, visit La Mediatheque, to learn about the First World War through the voices, books and pictures of those who were there.
- André Loez et Nicolas Offenstadt, La Grande Guerre : Carnet du centenaire,2013 (Book)
- Antoine Prost La Grande Guerre expliquée en images, , 2013 (Book)
- Paul Jankowski, Verdun : 21 février 1916, 2013 (Book)
- La ligne de front : une aventure rocambolesque de Vincent Van Gogh
- La guerre des Lulus Tome 1 : La maison des enfants trouvés
- La guerre de Charlie Vol 1
OUR ONLINE CATALOGUE AVAILABLE ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
An extension of our online catalogue makes it available for last generation phones and tablets – all platforms including:
Thanks to this extension you can achieve researches and also browse your online account on YOUR Mobile.
Hurry up to discover our mobile friendly catalogue by connecting yourself to it thanks to our mobile.
Discover Culturethèque in picture motion
Experience Culturethèque with our two new videos dedicated to our digital platform, offering more than 10,000 free French content to all UK residents.