Following major refurbishment, the Children’s Library of the Institut français reopens on 12 September 2015 under the name Bibliothèque Quentin Blake.
Bigger, better, brighter! Come and see for yourself, and enjoy the new Bibliothèque Quentin Blake!
Rendezvous on 12 September to discover our brand new Bibliothèque Quentin Blake, and enjoy a whole afternoon of fun! All activities are free.
– 2.00-6.00pm | Tours of the Bibliothèque Quentin Blake | For all
Youngs readers, little bookworms, budding adventurers, everyone is welcome to discover the new Bibliothèque Quentin Blake. Just step in! You will see it was worth the wait.
– 2.00pm | Film screening : Eleonor’s Secret | Ciné Lumière | 3+
– 3.00-5.00pm | e-Workshops | Bibliothèque Quentin Blake | 5+
Experiment with the latest apps and discover the potential that they hold for learning and fun. Boost your imagination, create your own story or heroes, explore new ways of reading a book, either way there will be something to enjoy!
– 3.30-4.30pm | Yummy Goûter & Lovely Rhymes | Foyer of the Institut français | For all
Enjoy the Frenchiest of pastries – and the best of choux by Maître Choux- while enjoying Cleveland Watkis and Caroline Kraabel’s jazzy music.
– 3.00-5.00pm | Tales | Bibliothèque Quentin Blake | For all
Today, you get to pick the story and to be the hero! Choose among the galore of stories and you and all the children will become one of the characters. Pirate, Princess, little mouse or elephant, you will be part of this story.
– 5.00-5.30pm | Lovely Rhymes | Bibliothèque Quentin Blake | For all
If you missed them earlier in the day, no worries Cleveland Watkis and Caroline Kraabel will jazz it up one last time.
Bibliothèque Quentin Blake : 32 Harrington road, London, SW7 3ES
Institut français & Ciné Lumière : 17 Queensberry Place, London. SW7 2DT
© Quentin Blake, 2015