The French Embassy and the French Institute presented From COP21 to COP26: Why Failure is Not an Option, on Saturday 12 December, on the occasion of the 5th anniversary of the Paris Agreement, signed at the COP21 in December 2015, and the virtual Climate Ambition Summit co-organised by the UK, France and the UN.
This exceptional online event featured an address by HRH the Prince of Wales and a panel discussion with distinguished guests, including Laurent Fabius, President of the French Constitutional Council and President of COP21, and Anne-Marie Trevelyan, UK’s International Champion on Adaptation and Resilience for the COP26 Presidency. The event looked back at how the COP21 was a landmark in the fight against climate change, while looking ahead to what COP26 ought to achieve.
Screening of a series of masked portraits commissioned by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs, featuring leading figures committed to climate ambition on the five-year anniversary of COP21. The London portrait shows World Cup champion and Chelsea player Olivier Giroud wearing a mask created for him by British artist Lucy Orta.
– with Laurent Fabius, President of the French Constitutional Council, President of COP21
– Anne-Marie Trevelyan, UK’s International Champion on Adaptation and Resilience for the COP26 Presidency
– Alan Jope, CEO of Unilever
– Professor Camille Parmesan, a leading expert on biodiversity
– Chaired by Journalist Fiona Harvey, The Guardian