Holidays are a time for discovery, and books don’t have to be boring. Among both our physical and online catalogues, we have hand-picked a variety of titles that will help your kids and teens travel, through ideas and emotions, whether your family is spending summer away or at home.
From 0 to 6-year-old
Before the holiday, you can borrow one of the following.
- Going away for summer? Your little ones’ best friends, T’choupi and Petit Ours Brun, will be delighted to hop in your suitcase.
- Do you need to keep your kids entertained during this eight-hour car trip? Teach them time relativity thanks to 1 seconde, 1 minute, 1 siècle.
- Who said you couldn’t travel from your sofa? Discover the treasures of the Jungle in this magnificent pop-up book by Elena Selena.
- Why not use your time off to discover or read again Antoon Krings’ series Drôles de petites bêtes.
- Holidays are also for (fun) learning! The Bibliothèque Quentin Blake has many new documentaries for little ones from 3 years old. Learn all about Pirates, Planet Earth and many other things!
All across summer, Culturethèque makes its resources available to you even if you’re out of town.
- C’est à moi by Laure Monloubou will resonate with all the little ones who find it hard to share!
- Who said ogres weren’t scared of anything? L’ogre qui n’avait peur de rien a story of friendship between a frightened ogre and a brave girl.
- Follow Léon the lion on his journey to become a TV star in La Fosse aux lions!
- Develop your children’s ecological dispositions with Oh!, a lovely picture book written by Cécile Bonbon & Stephane Servant.
- Summer is for singing, clapping and dancing! Discover our diverse fund of children’s music.
- Un été d’enfer by Vera Brosgol – comic book for 6+
After traveling from Russia to New York, Vera struggles to adapt to her new environment. As she is going to a Russian summer camp, she hopes for a change… but nothing will go as planned.
- Les Fables de La Fontaine adapted by Marie Comon – fables for 6+
Step into the enchanted and thoughtful world of the Fables by La Fontaine, with this beautiful series illustrated by Marie Comon.
- Les Trois Pierres du Fâark. L’Ultramonde by Stéphane Tamaillon – Fantasy novel for 8+
As imaginative as twins Mathilde & Louis can be, they never thought they would have to flee dangerous creatures. As the latter try to destroy the human world, the two siblings end up in the Ultraworld, where eras of history are all mixed together.
- La Passe-Miroir 1, 2, 3, & 4 by Christelle Dabos – series of fantasy novels for 12+
Ophélie’s fans will be thrilled to hear that the fourth volume is available both online and at La Médiathèque (click & collect!). For the newbies, this summer may be a good time to delve into the saga!
- Premier arrêt avant l’avenir by Jo Witek – real-life novel for young adults
Pierre just graduated from high school and is leaving the countryside to join a major University in Paris. However, his encounter with the flamboyant Olympe on his way to the capital will disrupt his plans. His adult life is about to start, and he has to make his own decisions.
You can borrow books safely through our new Click & Collect service (until 22 July).