Who can access the service?
The service is available for members of the Institut français only. To become a member or renew an expired membership, click here.
How do I order online?
From Monday 15 June:
- Sign in to your library account: here
- Browse the library’s online catalogue to select and reserve the documents you wish to borrow using the following link.
How do I collect my order?
Once your order is ready, you will be notified when you are able to pick up your items with an indicative slot for collection. It is then possible to collect and/or return documents during the opening hours within a 2-week period until the documents are put back into circulation.
Please bring your membership card and your own bags to carry your new documents.
Where do I collect my order?
You’ll be able to collect your order in the foyer of the Institut français* (17, Queensberry Place SW7 2DT) on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 1.30 to 6pm, between 20 June to 22 July.
*Please note that the other spaces of the Institut français remain closed until further notice.
This is a contact free service:
- Only one adult at a time can enter the building
- Children must be accompanied at all times
- Please respect the sanitary rules and social distancing measures
- Should there be a queue, please keep a 2-meter (6 ft) distance at all times
- Please respect the signage indicated on the walls and floors
- Please wash your hands when entering and leaving the building; hand gel will be available
- Face covering should be used when possible.
Can I return the documents I have on loan?
Yes, boxes are available to return your documents during the Click & Collect service opening hours: Wednesday and Saturday from 1.30 to 6.00pm.
My items are due back, what should I do?
You will receive an email reminding you the due (extended) date for the return of the items borrowed before the closure of the Institute (mid-March). All documents currently on loan should be returned by Wednesday 22 July. You can return borrowed items at any time during the Click & Collect service opening hours. Return boxes will be available.
If it is not possible for you to come to the Institut during opening hours or to bring back items before Wednesday 22 July, please send an email to email@example.com so we can find the best solution.
Why are you quarantining my documents?
The Institut français is following health recommendations from authorities regarding quarantining items after they are returned. This is to avoid any risk to library staff and customers. The items are removed from your card before being quarantined. Once quarantine is completed, library staff put them back into circulation.