Duration: 6 months
Start date: February/March 2015 – June/July 2015
Internship profile: Culturethèque is a free online library of cultural and educational content in French or about France accessible from anywhere in the UK: www.culturetheque.org.uk
Main project: To develop the website and social networks
- Assistant to the Head Librarian and the Culturethèque web editor.
- Contribute to the editorial process and content management.
- Help plan the communication and marketing strategy.
- Liaising with media partners and sponsors.
- Monitoring performance statistics.
- Helping with the library: cataloguing, shelving and public service.
- Bilingual English/French obligatory
- Study level Bac + 5 (or equivalent A-Levels and started or completed University course)
- Web development and blog experience obligatory
- Social network marketing understanding
- Journalism experience (either in studies or interest in blogging and interviews)
- Library experience
- Knowledge of cultural institutions
- Dynamic, a sense of organisation, efficiency
- Communication and marketing qualities
- Allowance of £360 (approx) per month (under the provisions of an University convention)
- Possibility of transport discount (30% off travelcard)
- Working hours: Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week. Availability for certain evenings and weekends
Applications with a cover letter (in English) to Frédéric Jagu, Head Librarian / Mélissa Mayer, Culturethèque webmaster:
- By e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or by post: Institut français du Royaume-Uni, 17, Queensberry Place – LONDON SW7 2DT
Deadline: 28 Feb 2015
Higher Education assistant
Main activities: Academic watch of British and French universities, various administration work in connection with academics and students and communication.
Department: Higher Education Department
Category: Administration Officer
Gross Income: £ 1 846,05
Duration: 35 hrs/week
Tasks and activities
In connection with British and French Universities, institutionnal partners, associations, etc., the Higher Education assistant has the following missions:
- Academic watch, writing memos, projects follow-up (paperwork, agreements with Universities, speakers, payments, etc.), preparation of the missions of the Higher Education Attachée, follow-up and organisation of awards ceremonies of Higher Education personnalities (Palmes Académiques, Arts et Lettres, etc.).
- Management of the Entente Cordiale Scholarship Scheme.
- Management of the preliminary admission applications to French Universities to non-EU applicants residing in the UK.
- Management in conjunction with the Ecole Nationale d’Administration (ENA) of the admissions to its international cycles.
- Organisation of academic and cultural events (conferences, symposia, etc.) at the Institut français in London or more widely in the UK.
Preparation of the missions of the Higher Education attachée: the HE Assistant will be in contact with the International Strategy offices of Universities and organise meetings with different departments, schools, services, laboratories, etc. according to the priorities set with the HE attachée and the ongoing projects. Follow-up of the projects.
Entente Cordiale Scholarship: managment of the application forms, organisation of the annual Trustees meeting, management of the accounts of the Trust, payment of the scholarships. The assistant in in touch with the Trust and the applicants of this excellence scholarship programme.
Academic events organisation: editing of the agreements with the partners, bookings of rooms, editing of the technical data sheets, communication. The assistant is the key-contact of both participants and audience.
Hierarchy: the assistant reports to the Higher Education attachée.
Other authority: the cultural counsellor and director of the Institut français du Royaume-Uni
Possibility to have interns for several month
Regular or occasional internal or external contacts: other departments of the Institut français, the Language Centre, the Marketing to name but few, the Science and Technology Department of the French Embassy. Campus France (Paris), British and French universities, the ENA, the Foreign and Common Wealth Office (FCO)
Fluent in French and English: competent editing and expression skills in the two languages.
Good knowledge of the British and French Higher Education sector.
Mastery of computing and office tools
Mastery of document desk-based research
Capacity to synthetise
Capacity to self-manage and make priorities
Capacity to adapt to different levels of communication (Embassy, students, professors, etc.)
Deadline for application: 19 January 2015
Send to : email@example.com
Development Executive (maternity cover) – January 2015
Institution: Institut français du Royaume-Uni
The Institut français du Royaume-Uni aims to promote the French language and culture and fosters diversity and cultural exchanges. Each year, thousands of people come to the Institut, which comprises a language centre, a library, a cinema and a French bistro.
Department: Development / Sponsorship
Zero-hours contract (up to 35h/week) for 6 months (19 January 2015 – 31 July 2015)
Supervisor: Estelle Marois, Development Assistant
Address: Institut français du Royaume-Uni, 23 Cromwell Road, London SW7 2EL
Duties and responsibilities:
- Fundraising for the renovation project of La Médiathèque
- Monitoring benefits for sponsors and donors
- Operational execution of fundraising actions
The person will report to the Development Assistant, under the guidance of the Director of the Institut. The department supports the Friends of the French Institute Trust in its fundraising plan.
The objectives will be both to build sustainable donor relationships and to enhance prospection among British targets.
The Executive’s mission will be to search for annual sponsors and organise a large-scale fundraising campaign for the renovation of La Médiathèque, the multimedia library.
Creation of communication tools (French and English) to raise funds: including leaflets, flyers, application forms to foundations, personalised propositions for donors, solicitation letters
Operational follow-up of fundraising events (logistics, communication)
Organisation of a worksite visit with the donors
Support the daily service functioning
Update and maintain a database of the data base with donors and actual or potential sponsors
Draft of sponsorship agreements
Find companies and individuals likely to be concerned by the renovation project of La Médiathèque
A degree from an English-speaking country and / or a fundraising work experience in an English-speaking country are major assets.
Work/internship experience in fundraising
Bilingual English / French
Literary studies, Sciences Po, or business school degree
Good general knowledge
Sense of discretion and diplomacy
Communication and interpersonal skills
Rigor and availability
The applicant shall send a CV and a cover letter in English to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions will not be accepted by telephone.
Deadline: Thursday 18 December 2014.
Interviews will be held in London or by Skype between 15 December and 19 December 2014.
Qualified coordinator / leader of Primary English
Institution: Lycée Français Charles de Gaulle
Dates: From September 2015 – Permanent Position – Full time
Deadline for application: Tuesday 3 February 2015