Assistant to the Head of Marketing & PR
Vacancy: Assistant to the Head of Marketing & PR
Salary: £22,152 (gross)
Deadline for Applications: 17 October at noon
Location: South Kensington, London
Start-date: 27 October 2014
We are looking for a native English speaker with degree-level French to join our Marketing & Communications Department. The post would suit a recent graduate with some work experience (particularly in marketing), interested in culture, cinema and language, and happy to work in a French-speaking environment.
We are looking for someone with excellent writing, copy-editing and proof-reading skills, able to manage their time effectively, and work well under pressure to tight deadlines. A very good knowledge of social networks and community management is essential too.
The ideal candidate would be imaginative, dynamic, committed, open-minded, multi-tasking and thorough; a good knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and HTML would be an advantage.
- by post to Natacha Antolini, Head of Marketing & PR, French Institute, 17 Queensberry Place, London SW7 2DT enclosing a CV, covering letter and a 150-word synopsis of a recent film you saw, and marking the envelope ‘APPLICATION’
- by email to email@example.com, attaching a CV, covering letter and 150-word synopsis of a recent film you saw, with ‘APPLICATION’ in the subject line
The Institut français is the official French government centre of language and culture in the UK. Spread over several sites in South Kensington, it consists of a Language Centre, offering French courses, and a Cultural Centre, comprising a cinema and multi-media library, offering a rich programme of films, talks, festivals, concerts and performances.
The Marketing & Communications Department is made up of the Head of Marketing & PR, her assistant, a communications assistant, a webmaster and two interns. It is responsible for the promotion of the French Institute, its activities and services, to the public, the media and partners of the Institute.
The office is French-speaking, but much of your work will be conducted in English.
The successful candidate will assist the Head of Marketing & PR with the following projects and objectives:
- audience development (search for new audiences, and development of already-existing audiences);
- marketing (offline and online) of the cinema, the cultural programme and the Institute’s services;
- community management (social media);
- membership development;
- development of industry and media contacts;
- organisation of PR events.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- write, edit and proof-read texts for the Institute’s website, bi-monthly printed programme and other promotional material;
- oversee the production of the Institute’s e-newsletters;
- manage the Institute’s social media (Facebook, Twitter);
- organise cross-promotional activities with other cultural venues in London;
- project-manage the production of printed marketing material and micro-sites;
- take part in creative briefs;
- contact schools, universities and community groups to promote the Institute’s activities;
- write press releases and press listings calendars;
- manage and oversee the development of the database of professional contacts;
- handle RSVPs and the guest desk on the night (may involve some evening work);
- look after the department budget, calling in estimates and invoices;
- (occasionally) design flyers and adverts.