The Children’s Library has become Bibliothèque Quentin Blake!
Following major refurbishment, our Children’s Library has reopened in September 2015 under the name Bibliothèque Quentin Blake. Thanks to the support of 141 corporate and individual donors, we have been able to expand our collections and make the library even more educational and enjoyable by providing children with easy access to a wide range of interactive resources.
You can now access everything a child up to 12 years old needs to familiarise with French language and culture, and experience:
- a space doubled in size offering the best of children literature,
- a library for families featuring a cosy and practical environment,
- a resource centre with the latest technology for French learners,
- and a school-friendly space.
Last but not least, it features a wonderful mural decoration courtesy of Quentin Blake!
Our Collections for Kids includes:
- French language learning tools for all
- Picture books for babies and toddlers
- Easy readers
- Bandes dessinées, from classics to the latest hits and a new French Manga collection
- French cartoons and films on DVD
- Non-fiction books about France: from French gastronomy to regions in France.
- Audiobooks, music and nursery rhymes
- Video games
- Magazines: for members we offer a wide range of magazines online.
Consult our online catalogue and also discover our rich digital collection of more than 10,000 documents in French.
To prepare for your GCSE and A-Level exams, please come to the Médiathèque and visit our Easy French corner.
Find out hundreds of e-books and e-comics for children on Culturethèque, our free digital library.
Want to know more about your favourite topic or get some reading advice from a specialist? Find the list and contact details of our librarians in our About Us page.
Some of our documents are for sale at a reduced price. Come and visit us during our Opening Hours.
To discover the facilities we offer at the Bibliothèque Quentin Blake, take a look at our Info page.