Renovation of the Children’s Library
The refurbishment works will start from 1 June, therefore the Children’s Library will be closed until Sept 2015. In the meantime, visit our pop up Kids’ Corner at La Médiathèque (17 Queensberry Place), from 12pm to 7pm Tue, Wed, Fri & Sat and from 12pm to 6pm on Thu.
Our French Children’s Library is the only one in the UK
Access everything a child up to 12 years old needs to familiarise themselves with French language and culture.
What can be found in our multimedia playground?
Consult our online catalogue and discover our rich collection of more than 10,000 documents in French including:
- French language learning books
- Bilingual stories and texts
- Comic books
- Non-fiction books about France: from French gastronomy to regions in France.
- Magazines: for members we offer a wide range of magazines online.
- French DVDs many of which have subtitles in English: some films are even in 3D.
- Music and nursery rhymes on CD
- Audiobooks and video games
– A large collection of novels and picture books for all ages
To prepare for your GCSE and A-Level exams, please come to the Médiathèque and visit our Easy French corner.
Find out hundreds of e-books and e-comics for children on Culturethèque, our free digital library.
Want to know more about your favourite topic or get some reading advice from a specialist? Find the list and contact details of our librarians in our About Us page.
Some of our documents are for sale at a reduced price. Come and visit us during our Opening Hours.
To discover the facilities we offer at the Children’s Library, take a look at our Info page.