Those who already know some French should complete a placement test, which is offered free of charge. The placement test is a way for us to better understand your strengths and needs in order to recommend the course best suited to your current level. It is very important and part of the services d’excellence provided by the Institut français in London.
The placement test consists of two assessments:
- The online written test comes first. It takes about 20-30 minutes to complete.
- Oral test : informal 10-minute interview over the phone or at the Institut français Language Centre, 13 Cromwell Place, London SW7 2JN.
Please follow the 4 following steps to take your placement test :
- YOUR ACCOUNT
- ONLINE TEST
- ORAL TEST
- REGISTER ONLINE
1. CREATE your account
2. COMPLETE the online written test
3. ENTER your writing test result below and choose a slot for your speaking test:
4. SIGN IN to your account with your email address and register online (you can also register in person or over the phone)
IF YOU ARE A RETURNING STUDENT
- If you have studied French with us in the last 12 months:
- If you have studied with us more than a year ago, you need to complete a new assessment.
SIGN IN to your account with your email address and register online