This year, each residency is based on a tandem partnership between one French region and a UK nation as part of Magnetic 2. Tandems associate CAPC in Bordeaux/Nouvelle-Aquitaine with Wysing Arts Centre in Cambridge/England, Frac Bretagne in Rennes/Brittany with Aberystwyth Arts Centre/Wales, Frac Grand Large in Dunkirk/Hauts-de-France with Flax Art Studios in Belfast/Northern Ireland, and Villa Arson in Nice/Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur with Cove Park/Scotland.
Magnetic has thoughtfully selected eight talented artists, ranging from early-career to mid-career, to engage with host institutions eight prominent arts venues across the UK and France.
The laureate artists are:
- Chizu Anucha (Scotland) for Villa Arson (Nice)
- Daria Blum (England) for CAPC (Bordeaux)
- Tom Cardew (Wales) for Frac Bretagne (Rennes, Bretagne)
- Charys Wilson (Northern Ireland) for Frac Grand Large (Dunkirk)
- Elise Charcosset (Nouvelle Aquitaine) for Wysing Arts Centre (Cambridgshire, England)
- Maxime Voidy (Bretagne) for Aberystwyth Arts Centre (Aberystwyth, Wales)
- Laure Vigna (PACA) for Cove Park (Helensburgh, Scotland)
- Francisco Rodriguez Teare (Hauts-de-France) for Flax Art Studios (Belfast, Northern Ireland)
Magnetic is supported by the Institut français du Royaume-Uni, the Institut français, French Ministry of Culture, French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, Arts Council England, Creative Scotland, Arts Council of Wales/Wales Arts International, Arts Council of Northern Ireland and the British Council.
- Photo: Cove Park, Helensburgh, Scotland