A Contemporary Children’s Library
In the past years, our librarians have worked to expand the collections and make the library even more educational and enjoyable. Offering hundreds of books and material for children up to 12-year-old, Bibliothèque Quentin Blake takes its name from its patron, famous illustrator Sir Quentin Blake, who donated a gorgeous mural decoration following its 2015 refurbishment!
What facilities does the library feature?
- A two-story space offering the best of children literature,
- A cosy and practical environment for families,
- A resource centre with the latest technology for French learners,
- And a school-friendly space,
- … and playful signage and decorations by French artist Delphine Perret!
What about the collections?
- French language learning tools for all,
- Picture books for babies and toddlers,
- Easy readers,
- Bandes dessinées, from classics to the latest hits and a new French Manga collection,
- French cartoons and films on DVD,
- Non-fiction books about France: from French gastronomy to regions in France.
- Audiobooks, music and nursery rhymes,
- Video games,
- Magazines: for members we offer a wide range of magazines online.
- Check out our online catalogue and also discover our rich digital collection of more than 10,000 documents in French.
- Hundreds of e-books and e-comics for children on Culturethèque, our free digital library.
How to enjoy our Library
>> check our Opening hours and info
Any questions? Need some advice? Our team of librarians will be happy to help!
To borrow documents, you have to become a member of the Institut français. Please visit our loan conditions to find out more. Some of our documents are also for sale at a reduced price. Come and visit us during our Opening Hours.
Bibliothèque Quentin Blake’s 2015 refurbishment was supported by The Friends of the French Institute Trust and 141 donors.