A Brand New Children’s Library
Following major refurbishment, our Children’s Library has reopened in September 2015 under the name Bibliothèque Quentin Blake. Thanks to the support of 141 corporate and individual donors, we have been able to expand our collections and make the library even more educational and enjoyable.
- A space doubled in size offering the best of children literature,
- A library for families featuring a cosy and practical environment,
- A resource centre with the latest technology for French learners,
- And a school-friendly space.
- A wonderful mural decoration, courtesy of Sir Quentin Blake!
- Playful signage and decorations by young French artist Delphine Perret!
What does it have to offer?
Hundreds of books and material for every child up to 12 years old
- French language learning tools for all
- Picture books for babies and toddlers
- Easy readers
- Bandes dessinées, from classics to the latest hits and a new French Manga collection
- French cartoons and films on DVD
- Non-fiction books about France: from French gastronomy to regions in France.
- Audiobooks, music and nursery rhymes
- Video games
- Magazines: for members we offer a wide range of magazines online.
- Check out our online catalogue and also discover our rich digital collection of more than 10,000 documents in French.
- Hundreds of e-books and e-comics for children on Culturethèque, our free digital library.
How to enjoy our Library
>> check our Opening hours and info
Any questions? Need some advice? Our team of librarians will be happy to help!
To borrow documents, you have to become a member of the Institut français. Please visit our loan conditions to find out more. Some of our documents are also for sale at a reduced price. Come and visit us during our Opening Hours.
Tales and Workshops