1. “You” means everyone who purchases a ticket or who visits the Institut français, whether or not they have purchased a ticket.
2. “Us” or “We” means the Institut français.
3. A full event programme is available on our website at www.institut-français.org.uk (the “Website”)
1. These Terms of Admission, as may be from time to time amended, (these “Terms”) set out the general terms which apply to you.
2. Nothing in these Terms affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
3. Age Restrictions
1. Entry to films and events is restricted by the classification given by the British Board of Film Classification or others. We are required to refuse admission to anyone who is below the minimum age required by the relevant classification.
1. Anyone can be admitted to films classified as U or PG
2. Children under 12 can be admitted to films classified as 12A but only if accompanied by an adult (i.e. someone over the age of 18).
3. Nobody under the age of fifteen can be admitted to films classified as 15
4. Nobody under the age of eighteen can be admitted to films classified as 18
2. Children under age 7 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for all films starting at or after 7pm.
3. Children under age 5 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times
4. Babies under the age of 1 can go into screenings providing that:
1. they sit on a lap for the entire screening (i.e. do not take up a seat);
2. they are removed from the auditorium should they cause disturbance to other customers; and
3. the film is classified as U, PG or 12A.
5. Babies under the age of one will be admitted without charge. Tickets must be purchased for everyone else.
6. We reserve the right to require you to prove your age with appropriate photographic ID if you are going to a 12A, 15, 18 film. If you are unable to prove your age you will be not be able to watch the film or attend the event. We reserve the right to ask for such proof at any time you are on our premises.
7.If you buy a ticket before we know its classification and you are not old enough to be admitted to the screening we will issue you with a full refund.
4. Food and Drink
1. No food or beverages are allowed in the Institut français.
2. All areas within the Institut français are strictly non-smoking.
1. Mobile phones must be switched off or in a silent mode before you enter the auditorium. You must not take or make calls inside the auditorium.
2. You must adhere with any health and safety procedures or instructions that are in place and notified to you by our staff or by notices.
3. It is a serious criminal offence to copy or attempt to copy any film or other copyright material exhibited in any part of the Institut français, punishable on conviction with an unlimited fine and imprisonment of up to a maximum of ten years. You are not permitted to bring cameras and/or recording equipment of any kind into the Institut français.
4. We endeavour to show films or events in accordance with the programme that we advertise. However, there may be circumstances in which we are unable to comply with the advertised programme and in such cases our liability to you is limited to a full refund of the tickets purchased. We are unable to take responsibility for programme information advertised by third parties.
5. Tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable.
6. We reserve the right to ask for proof of status for concessionary tickets at any time that you are on our premises.
7. You acknowledge that the cancellation rights contained in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (as amended) do not apply to the services we offer for advance sales of tickets.
8. You must not purchase tickets except for personal use and you represent and warrant that tickets are not purchased as part of any form of a for-profit business or commercial activity unless we have expressly authorised otherwise in writing.
9. We accept no responsibility for any personal property that is brought to the Institut français.
10. You must comply with the conditions on our Licences as notified to you by our staff or by notices
6. Refusal of Admission
1. We reserve the right to refuse admission or require you to leave the premises
without a refund if you:
1. behave in an anti-social or threatening manner;
2. put the safety of our customers, our employees or our property at risk;
3. bring a camera or recording equipment of any kind into the cinema; or
4. otherwise breach these Terms
1. The Terms in this section (“Website Terms”) set out the legally binding terms which apply to everyone who accesses or uses the Website. By accessing or using the Website you agree to be bound by these Website Terms. If you do not wish to be bound by these Website Terms you must leave the Website immediately, or not enter it at all.
2. The Website is provided free of charge and we make no guarantee that it will be uninterrupted or error free. In addition, we reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or any part of the Website without notice and without liability.
3. The Website and the materials on it are protected by copyright, trade mark and other intellectual property rights and laws throughout the world. The materials on the Website are owned by or licensed to us and may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without our consent. Modification of the materials or use of the materials for any other purposes is a violation of the copyrights and other proprietary rights.
4. The Website contains links to other website which are not controlled by us. The fact that we may provide a link to any such website does not mean that we endorse that website. Such links are only provided for your convenience and you access them at your own risk.
5. Customer data and any personal information are processed in accordance with local law and are not sold to third parties.
8. On-line Ticket Purchases
1. Tickets for films and events at the Institut français are sold by us at the prices displayed for the relevant performance and the amount payable for them will be debited immediately from your credit or debit card. By requesting tickets through the Website you are placing a booking request for them on these Terms which is only accepted and binding on us once we have debited your card and sent you a confirmation booking reference which will be displayed on your screen and emailed to you.
2. In the case of tickets being offered for sale at the wrong price on-line (i.e. at a higher or lower price than is applicable at the box office) we reserve the right to insist that the tickets are refunded and the correct prices charged.
3. Once a booking is confirmed the booking fee is non-refundable. Tickets may be refunded in accordance with Clause 5.5.
4. You can collect your tickets from the Box Office any time from when the booking is made until the start of the performance. You will need to bring either the card you paid with or a note of the booking reference to collect your tickets.
5. Concessionary and children’s tickets are offered for sale on the Website. In accordance with our General Terms you must bring proof of status or age with you to the Institut français to collect the tickets and to gain admission to the performance.
6. Bookings made on the Website are encrypted for security. However, you acknowledge that the Internet is not entirely secure and whilst we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any card information you impart, we shall not be liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
7. You acknowledge that the cancellation rights contained in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (as amended) do not apply to the services we offer.
8. Members must enter their details at the time of purchasing to claim any discount. It is not possible to amend the booking once it has been completed.
9. Claims must be made no later than 28 days after the purchase date
9. Terms and conditions for the 25 and Under Scheme
1. The 25 and Under scheme is open to anyone aged 25 and Under and applies for cinema tickets only. Once you’re 26 your membership will automatically expire.
2. Your registration is valid for one year, renewable until you are no longer 25 years old.
3. Any cinema ticket bought within the 25 and Under scheme is at the unique price of £5, with no extra booking fees
4. It’s free to join, you only need to fill in the on-line form
5. When you join the 25 and Under Scheme, you’ll start automatically receiving our monthly newsletter.
6. 25 and Under tickets are limited in number and subject to availability. Early booking recommended.
7. Some special events and festivals have limited tickets for members of the 25 and Under Scheme. You will be notified to which special events and festivals this limitation is applied by our monthly newsletter so you can book early. The BFI London Film Festival is not part of the 25 and Under Scheme.
8. By registering for the scheme you promise that you are aged 25 and under, and that any tickets discounted as part of the 25 and Under £5 scheme are just for you. When presenting your tickets at Ciné Lumière a proof of age will be required along with the credit/debit card you used to book. If you are not able to show a proof of age, we reserve the right to deny access to the screening and to cancel your membership.
9. As a 25 and Under £5 scheme member, you can only buy 1 discounted ticket per event. If you want to come as a group, get your friends to become 25 and Under £5 scheme members too.
10. Tickets are not transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable (see full Terms of admission).
11. If you want to cancel your membership, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. All the information you give us about you will be looked after in accordance with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
13. For further information, please read the full Terms of admission
10. Customer Services
Should you wish to contact us, please write to the Management, Institut français du Royaume Uni, 17 Queensberry Place, London, SW7 2DT, email email@example.com or telephone 020 7871 3515.
This agreement shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of England. Any action you or we bring to enforce this agreement shall only be brought in the courts of England and you expressly consent to the jurisdiction of said courts. If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.