How To Enrol
1. COMPLETE THE ENROLMENT FORM
– If you have no knowledge of French
– If you are a false beginner (you can’t remember the beginner syllabus)
– If you want to sign up for the the GCSE, AS or A-level revision course (French for exams)
– If you are a returning student (please give full details of the last class you took at the Institut: level, dates, teacher, textbook to ensure your placement on the right course).
2. SEND US by post your completed enrolment form with the full payment by cheque or return your form by email at email@example.com and call us on 0207 871 3535 for payment over the phone. You can also enrol in person at our office.
1. COMPLETE THE ONLINE TEST
– If you have studied French but not at the Institut français
– If you have studied at the Institut français more than a year ago
2. ASSESS YOUR LEVEL in an informal 10-minute interview over the phone or at the Institut français Language Centre by booking an appointment directly from our website.
Enquiries and course advice
Our receptionists will be happy to send you information or answer general queries on our courses. However, should you require further information on course contents, we recommend you come and speak to one of our teachers. We will provide advice on courses best suited to your needs when you come for your language assessment, or at other times, by appointment.
Please note that we cannot guarantee you a place on the course of your choice unless you register at least two weeks in advance.
Except for Young Learners courses, all classes are for students aged 18 and over only.
It pays to enrol early
If we receive your payment at least two weeks before the beginning of your course, you will enjoy a £15 discount on all courses of £300 or more.
Students sponsored by their employer must supply an official order form stating that the company will be responsible for the payment of fees. An invoice will then be issued.
Free membership to the Institut français
Your tuition fees include membership to the Institut for 1 year, with privileged access to a full range of cultural events and facilities. For details, see the latest issue of Le Programme, published by the Institut français, or visit the membership page.
Cancellations and refunds
Our classes are planned for a limited number of students. For this reason we regret that fees are not refundable once a course has started and that no partial refund can be granted for classes not attended. The Institut français cannot accept any responsibility for unforeseen changes in students’ circumstances that may prevent attendance. Requests for cancellations and refunds must be made in writing with your original receipt, before the beginning of the course. The following charges will apply: if received 10 days or more before the start of the course, £30; between 10 days and the day before the start of the course, 30% of the total course fee.
Tuition fees based on pro rata basis will not be permitted.
Any change of course or timing requested by students is subject to availability and will incur an administrative charge of £30. Please note that changes are only possible between courses within the same enrolment period.
Fees will be refunded if a course is cancelled or closed due to an insufficient number of students (minimum 6 students to open a class), or for any other reason beyond our control.
Fees are exclusive of books.
We regret that we cannot accept payment of fees by instalment.
The Institut is closed on UK Bank Holidays.
Students are kindly requested to refrain from smoking while on the premises.
While every effort is made to ensure accuracy, the information within this brochure may be subject to change.
The director of the Institut français’ language centre reserves the right to refuse admission