I have registered for a course, what’s next?
Once you have registered, you will immediately receive confirmation of your enrolment to the course by email.
Shortly before your first lesson, your teacher will send you an invitation email which will contain the web link for joining the first lesson and your virtual classroom. (Please note you could receive this email up to a few hours before your first lesson).
If you are not familiar with Microsoft Teams or similar applications, read how to connect with our easy tutorial.
Here are also some easy-to-follow steps to connect to your French video conference lessons.
How to connect to Teams
- Before logging in, please carefully take the following steps to ensure a quick and optimum connection:
- Download the Microsoft Teams Application
- Use the same email address you provided when you created an account with us and create your new Microsoft Account.
- Log off first if you are using Teams with your company or another account. Alternatively, you will see the Institut français Teams account next to your avatar in your profile (in the top-right corner of the Teams window) and you will have to click on it to access your class (as a ‘guest’).
- Close all other open applications on your computer.
- Make sure that the devices you use for communicating online have up to date software to ensure they are secure.
- Click on the invitation link on the email you have received from your teacher, and you’re ready to go! (If you haven’t received it, please check also in your spams).
You have decided to join the course at the last minute and your course is starting today?
Call us on 0207 871 3535 in order to receive your invitation email providing the link for joining the course!
Why do we use Teams?
We have chosen to use the Microsoft Teams App – a user-friendly interface that is secure, easy and free to use on either your Mac, PC, Tablet or Mobile devices.
It allows for live videoconferencing and collaborative work with your group and your teacher.
You just need a computer with a webcam and Internet connection, or a mobile phone (Android or Apple IOS).
In order to allow you to take full advantage of all features and functionalities, we recommend using a PC (usually more powerful) rather than smartphones or tablets.
Any student utilising AI tools is responsible for ensuring that such tools do not inadvertently access or join videocalls associated with the French Institute; failure to do so will result in access restrictions or other necessary corrective measures.
Any connection issue?
Most commonly, restarting your computer can fix most issues, however, please do not hesitate to contact us if you encounter any problem at all.
To ensure a smooth connection to MS Teams if using your mobile phone, make sure you have a reliable internet connection and consider using Wi-Fi instead of cellular data for better stability. Additionally, closing other apps and clearing your phone’s cache can help optimize performance.
+44 (0) 207 871 3535
Mon – Thu : 9.30am – 7.30pm / Fri – Sat : 9.30am – 4.00pm
We look forward to seeing you soon in our virtual classroom.